No severe reactions to first covid jabs

386Views 15Comments Posted 21/02/2021

Eyra Ruiz advisor to the Ministry of Health (Minsa) said Sunday that among the 45,535 vaccines against Covid-19 administered in Panama there have been no serious reactions.

Ruiz recalled that the majority of health personnel in Panama have demanded their vaccine because they consider that its application is safe. "

She added that some health officials have presented a release of responsibility for not applying the vaccine against the new coronavirus. The cases that have occurred are because of their religion or do not feel safe with the vaccine.

The minister recalled that the vaccine protects people from having severe Covid-19 disease and also from death.

Ruiz affirmed, in the Sunday Open Debate program of Telemetro, that she and her entire family will be vaccinated when it is her turn.

She assured that only mild skin reactions have occurred in some vaccinated people. Cases have been reported between allergy sufferers and cases of pruritus (itchy skin).

Oops! Just got put in the doghouse — been informed we’ve been married 46 years and it’s not permissible to round down that number. I argued that being married to her seemed like a mere speck in time because time flies when you’re having fun! She didn’t bite!

Casual, looks like I struck a nerve. You take yourself way too seriously. Being able to laugh at yourself is therapeutic. Referring to my joke on BS and PhD, I earned a MS and I joke that it stands for “More of the Same” (from BS - BullSh*t). While I speak in generalities at times, I have been privileged to know some brilliant and sincere persons — my wife of 45 years has been one of them. “ You gotta just laugh at yourself and let it go and not take things too seriously because life is too short. —Ally Hilfiger

Left-wing progressive???? HA. If you could find your ass with both hands and a flashlight, you'd know just how far off base you are. I've defended my country against those who would destroy it, as has my son, and you can pry my guns out of my cold dead fingers. You're just a smart ass who flails about when confronted with opposing views. Squatter.

I've never seen my self as the smartest person in the room, but it's been my pleasure to work along side people that were. You are not one of them. Your smug, holier than thou, I know everything and you don't attitude really puts me off. You my friend are a squatter. You hunker down in your dogma and ideology and refuse to move in any direction regardless of the information presented to you. On one hand you say take the shot at your own risk and I wish you luck and on the other you side with brian and his insane bullshit. The only thing you get from sitting on the fence is a sore backside. Your butt must be pretty sore by now.

Two degrees, you say. Would they be BS (BullSh*t) and PhD (Piled high and Deeper)? !Jaja¡. Really, I’ve known and worked alongside some pretty credentialed people who had about as much common sense as a slug. I’ve given up being impressed. Just as I trust Medicine but don’t necessarily trust doctors; I trust science but not necessarily scientists. I pay greater respect for what a man (or woman) accomplishes in their life that serves mankind positively and I feel I am capable of judging quite accurately one on one. I can’t pin how I evaluate you, Casual — maybe somewhere between an internet troll and a sad sack looking for attention. But you probably have some redeeming value but it’s buried deep in a left-wing progressive coat. No hard feelings but you should consider letting your light shine on this board and give us all an uplift.

hogan... Oh Good grief. I know the difference (2 college degrees). Just wondering if you're a squatter. You sound like one.

Casual, you’re too funny or too stupid, the jury is still out. You do know, I trust, that most browsers have a “look-up” feature of unfamiliar words?! Try looking up the word I used — analogous — before exposing yourself to ridicule.

I pee standing up. How about you?

PanamaAl

I’m sending quotes from the CDC (center for disease control) regarding the FDA EUA protocol for the approval of the vaccine and the best information regarding the safety of the vaccine. My opinion is that this information, by some of our top scientific, provides the soundest method for deciding on whether or not to take the vaccine. It is long, but it provides a needed counter to other long “pastes” that promote not getting the vaccine. “In public health emergencies, such as a pandemic, the development process may be atypical. For example, as demonstrated by the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. government has coalesced government agencies, international counterparts, academia, nonprofit organizations and pharmaceutical companies to develop a coordinated strategy for prioritizing and speeding development of the most promising vaccines. In addition, the federal government has made investments in the necessary manufacturing capacity at its own risk, giving companies confidence that they can invest aggressively in development and allowing faster distribution of an eventual vaccine. However, efforts to speed vaccine development to address the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic have not sacrificed scientific standards, integrity of the vaccine review process, or safety.” The FDA then reviewed applications for an EUA (emergency use authorization) for these vaccines. “An Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) is a mechanism to facilitate the availability and use of medical countermeasures, including vaccines. Once submitted, FDA will evaluate an EUA request and determine whether the relevant statutory criteria are met, taking into account the totality of the scientific evidence about the vaccine that is available to FDA. As to the question of whether the vaccines were vigorously tested: “Yes. Clinical trials are evaluating investigational COVID-19 vaccines in tens of thousands of study participants to generate the scientific data and other information needed by FDA to determine safety and effectiveness. These clinical trials are being conducted according to the rigorous standards set forth by the FDA. In phase 3, the vaccine is generally administered to thousands of people in randomized, controlled studies involving broad demographic groups (i.e., the population intended for use of the vaccine) and generates critical information on effectiveness and additional important safety data. This phase provides additional information about the immune response in people who receive the vaccine compared to those who receive a control, such as a placebo. The FDA staff are career scientists and physicians who have globally recognized expertise in the complexity of vaccine development and in evaluating the safety and effectiveness of all vaccines intended to prevent infectious diseases. These FDA professionals are committed to decision-making based on scientifically driven evaluation of data. Recognizing the urgent need for safe and effective vaccines, FDA is utilizing its various authorities and expertise to facilitate the expeditious development and availability of vaccines that have met the agency’s rigorous and science-based standards for quality, safety, and effectiveness. Early in a public health crisis, FDA provides clear communication to the pharmaceutical industry pertaining to the scientific data and information needed to ensure development of vaccines and works quickly to provide advice on their proposed development plans and assessment of the data that are generated.

You can call yourself whatever you want but it’s analogous to the saying “how you pee is what you be”.

Hey Jarvis....I'm a registered Independent, fool. Have been all my life.

Jarvis

Hey casual observer, at least you didn't disappoint, spoken line a true Democrat.

Unlike you, Casual, I don’t live with a hateful heart. I’m glad that the 45,535 people who received the jab had no immediate adverse reactions. I also hope that it proves effective for them and that they suffer no long-term consequences, but there is no guarantee of that, unfortunately. I still maintain that taking the jab amounts to Russian Roulette albeit the consequential is small in relation to the whole. Unlike you, I choose to celebrate these first stages for Panamanians rather than engaging in a game of competition. My fingers are crossed in hope, yours with a contemptuous middle finger raised.

oh...I get it. Another "big tech" cover up. Google is at it again. Your bullshit and logic are wearing pretty thin these days.

hogan....brian.....??????????????????