Panama says YES to covid-19 vaccinations

528Views 7Comments Posted 26/07/2021

Long lines, rain and sun  and a bombardment   of misinformation failed to deter Panama citizens from receiving a record of  439,527 doses   of covid-19,vaccine applied in five days from July 21 to 25.

The day that more doses were applied was Saturday, July 24 - 101,944 -, according to the records of the Ministry of Health(Minsa).

Eduardo Ortega Barría, National Secretary of Science, Technology and Innovation (Senacyt), said that this week a similar number of doses is expected to be applied in eight circuits of Panama City and provinces.

The acceleration of vaccination was achieved with the arrival, last week, of 967, 582 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and this week 450,000  more are expected.

Of the total doses of Pfizer the country received, 363,870 are part of those negotiated bilaterally with the pharmaceutical company; 100,612 came through the Covax mechanism and 503,100 were donated by the United States.

Christmas  normality

Xavier Saéz-Llorens, pediatrician, infectologist and advisor to the Covid-19 Panama Vaccine  Consortium said that if the rate of vaccinations is maintained or increased, by October or November there would be a large proportion of vaccinated with two doses, which would give hope that the country will have a Christmas season close to pre-pandemic normality.

Captain, please don’t join the continuing conversation putting it in the political sphere. I responded to Ajd because he challenged me. I don’t watch Trump rallies and only watch segments of Biden when the video headline announces another gaffe event — I watch for comedy relief and he never disappoints. If you’ve seen one Trump event, you won’t learn anything new. Joe’s gaffes are most enlightening as a challenge to understand his point. Laugh time. End of debate on US politics(I hope).

Hogan have you read or listened to the last couple of Trump rallies ? He was all over the place ….couldn’t understand 80% of what he was trying to say.

PanamaAl

Quite disingenuous coming from you Hogan.

PanamaAl

Quite disingenuous coming from you Hogan.

Hats off to a YES for Covid vaccinations in Panama … as long as I can say “no, thank you”

Ajd – I know you like this health issue to be political because you seem to relish introducing it into your comments: ref: Alabama GOP Governor Upbraids the Unvaccinated – so let me quote you on your comment comparing Trump to Biden: “You [referencing me] talk about Biden's wits. At least he can put a coherent sentence together.” Do you mean “coherent” like this: “And I’ve heard you [Don Lemon] speak about it because ya all… I’m not being solicitous about … you’re always straight up about what you’re doing and the question is whether or not we should be in a position where … you … you um … are … why can’t the the the …. experts say we know that this virus is is in fact um is um um is going to be … or should we … we we um know why all the drugs approved are not temporarily approved but permanently approved … and that’s underway too and I expect that to occur quickly.” – verbatim transcript of Joe Biden at Town Hall in July 2021 speaking one-on-one with Don Lemon, CNN news (journalist, haha)] on stage. And this doesn’t make me a “Trumper” but merely an observer. Too bad you can’t contain yourself and be the same.

Let’s hope for normality (pre-Covid) by Christmas. Personally, I’m tired of all the crap already and I’m sure the business community will breathe a sigh of relief as well. No more masks, no more social distancing, no more hand sanitizing that increases our risk of antibiotic resistance, no more temperature guys pointed at our head, no more dehumanizing and accusations of the vaccine hesitant. And stop with vaccine passes — a bad idea for humanity! Yeah, Christmas can’t come soon enough!