At least 6.4% of Panama population infected with covid-19

 
624Views 3Comments Posted 08/01/2021

In the 10 months that go into a pandemic, Covid-19 reached 6.4% of the total population of the country, that is, 269,091 people.

However, epidemiologists and members of the Health Advisory Council agree that the number of infected may be higher and range between 600,000 and 800,000 since the first case was reported, on March 9, 2020.

Francisco Sánchez Cárdenas, a member of the Advisory Council, explained that in order to determine the real figure, the Ministry of Health must carry out a seroprevalence study, but what they are observing is that for each positive case, five contacts are identified and, of those, two or three come out positive.

Of the total of cases reported so far, 27% occurred in the first half of the pandemic (March-August) and the remaining 73% in the second half (September-January).

A second wave bigger than expected

The country is about to reach a 10-month pandemic with about 270000 cases and an uncontrolled community infection, in which each passing week exceeds the previous one in the number of Covid-19 infections.

This second wave of cases does not cease to surprise epidemiologists and members of the Health Advisory Council, who expected a rebound in infections in late 2020 and early 2021, but not of the current magnitude, in which there are up to 5,000 cases in one day.



Comments 3

user
Brian

https://www.bitchute.com/video/FcjF1pAbMbn2/ DR. STEPHEN MALTHOUSE SPEAKS OUT ON CASES, FACE MASKS, SOCIAL DISTANCING, AND COVID VACCINE

15 days ago
user
MHogan

So is it 269,091 (6.4%) or 600,000 or 800,000? It must be the last one because Captain told us it was 1 in 5 infected and Captain knows everything. And about those “recovered”, are a good portion of them because they tested positive but were part of the “false” group and were never infected to begin with? You gotta love propaganda statistics!

17 days ago
user
Oh ya

All this means nothing until they say how many times they are amplifying the sample to see the virus. If pver 25 times then most of these cases are false positive

17 days ago
The comments are the responsibility of each author who freely expresses his opinion and not that of Newsroom Panama.
Please enter a valid email.
Please enter username.
Please, enter a valid message.
Please validate that it is not a robot.